I've had the
Barenaked Ladies,
the old apartment lyrics in my head all day. Mike, Sam and I went to the other house this morning to freshen up the old girl on Webster. The girls were at my mom's for the night and we had someone coming to look at our house today. We were renting for a few months, and just wanted to make sure it was good as new for viewing. Mike wanted to do some hole patching and I wanted to give the walls and floor a good scrub. Sadly for Mike, we forgot a radio and I have an awful habit of randomly bursting out in song
. I think Sam really likes my singing. He looks at me like I'm a
rockstar. He hung out in his
exersaucer while I washed the walls and rocked out to the
BNL. Overall, it was a very productive day. The house is spotless (well, pretty close anyways), and it smells good too. I simmered some homemade apple cider while we were working to make it feel a little homier.

Our boy was in the paper yesterday for the
Babies of '09. I like the picture we chose, but I can really see that
metopic ridge in this particular photo. It makes me mad - not the picture, just the ridge. You can't really notice it too much in the printed newsprint, he just looks like our Sam.
During this past week, Sam now rolls all over the place, lifts his whole upper body up and looks around, pushes buttons on his toys and cut 3 teeth! He is such a good little boy! He just amazes us every single day...
No comments:
Post a Comment