Monkey stayed a close friend for a long time, until Teddy came around. You can probably guess what Teddy was, Kenz has never had the most imaginative names for her 'friends' (she even has a stuffed dog named "Furry Pinkwhite"). She still loved Monkey, but Teddy was the new BFF.
Then Katarina came about and once she was old enough to claim things as hers - she decided that Monkey should be hers. Thankfully, Kenzie didn't put up a fight and let her baby sister have Monkey.
Katarina sleeps with Monkey every night. She loves Monkey. Monkey is a boy, but he wears a dress now. Every morning, Kattie comes down the stairs with all her buddies - including Monkey. She often asks to take him with to the grocery store or where ever else we need to go. I always say no. I knew that if Monkey was left or dropped that we would have trouble, so Monkey usually stays and holds the fort down until we get back. Well, Daddy was in charge on Friday, and Monkey, the lucky guy, got to tag along EVERYWHERE they went.
Then the worst happened. Monkey was missing. We searched in and out of everything and everywhere. I've even made some phone calls to locate Monkey. Poor Kattie was up until 11pm last night, she couldn't sleep. Monkey needed to come home. And I was blaming Daddy. Mommy never would have let Monkey leave the house.
So this morning I'm washing Kattie's bedding and I ran back in her room to grab something. There is Monkey laying on the mattress pad - hanging out all by himself. I asked Kattie where he had been. She then raised a little Dolly diaperbag (which had been laying in the same spot since Saturday) and told me that she had told Monkey to wait in there until she comes back but she forgot about him. I can't even believe she fit him in there. WHEW! I could not be happier to see that little guy! and Whew for Daddy too...he is off the hook for this one ;)

Speaking of monkeys...Here is my little monkey under our kitchen table. All was great until he stood up tall. Then there was lots of tears, "Mommy save me!"




Awe what a cute little monkey... all three of them!
ReplyDeleteSuch gorgeous kids! I also had a monkey called 'monkey' when I was little :-)
ReplyDelete