Sunday, January 31, 2010

"For all the Mother's fighting for better days to come...stand up say Yes I will, Yes I can!" Alicia Keys

My face is sore. Very sore. I have TMJ and after my dentist appointment on Friday, I have pain in both sides of my jaw, my neck and a bit of a headache. Eating hurts, but at least it is good for my figure. I don't remember it bothering me so much after the dentist before - but maybe I have just blocked it out. Anyways, I hate to complain about it now - since I have so much to be thankful for. It has been a very busy week. Mike has called me Supermom - which is kind of him to notice. So, I'm sore but I'm happy. My shoulders are feeling a lot lighter this weekend. I just imagine God leaning down, lifting boulders off of me, "Here, let me get those for you..."

I've shown the Webster house and taken calls on the Webster house a lot lately. Regina's housing market is really picking up again. There were some really promising showings last week - and I was sure that they would call again. They didn't. Then I showed the house to a couple around our age on Tuesday night. The realtor was nice, the man was friendly - but the "mom" didn't seem at all interested. After they left, I closed the door and started turning off lights. I had forgot how pretty it is to look out those back greatroom windows and just see open sky and Evraz to the right. It was black outside and the lights twinkled and the smoke and steam lingered above Kat's "Bolcano".
When we had first moved into that house, Kattie was two and she said, "look mommy A BOLCANO!" It was Evraz - Ipsco then, I think. Aren't kids the best?! I cried just for a second. I think all of the pressure was just waiting for me to crack - and I did for a short second. I was also frustrated with the house - it has a great location, it's super clean, it's new, it's finished, and it's priced below value. Why wasn't it selling?! I left the house, went home to my family, looked at Mike and shook my head.
The buses hadn't run all last week, because of all of the the snow. What a pain in the butt. Driving back and forth to school, scheduling Sam's naps & feedings, and normal household stuff in between. Kenzie didn't go to school a couple days - since I had no way to get her there in the beginning of the week. Then later my neighbour friend and I shared kid pick up duties. It helped a lot, but man, am I grateful that buses are running again this week! I had also been trying to get to the other house as much as possible to clean and freshen - so everything was gleaming when I had showings. It's amazing how a house can get dirty with nobody in it.
Wednesday night, we had company and it was really nice to just sit, eat, drink and relax. I believe we were right smack dab in the middle of laughing at my cousin's skiing ability when the phone rang. It was the realtor from Tuesday night. They want to see the house again and then write up an offer! Unbelievable. I didn't want to get too excited, as we had one really low and ridiculous offer already (months ago) - but I was really hopeful. Thursday I had plans with my very pregnant sister in law. I felt bad changing our plans, but I really, REALLY needed to work at the old house before they walked through again. I wanted to line the drawers, especially in the bathrooms, wash the floors, and try to get it smelling good again. The house smelled different - not awful, just different than what I'd like my house to smell - so I was on a mission.

Thursday, Alex (my brother's wife and soon to be new mommy) and my mom came to town. Mom kept Kat and Sam happy and Alex kept me happy. Thank goodness she is nesting! She was the perfect cleaning companion at the other house. We did lots. I was really happy with how it all turned out there. The house looked sparkly and smelled fresh. I had just enough time left over to run to the school, pick up Kenz, feed Sam, get back to the house and show it at 4:30. It was a good thing that I went over at 4:10, because they came at 4:15pm. They stayed for an hour. The couple (and their little boy) looked around and planned on their own, and it gave their realtor and I a chance to visit and negotiate. I gave him my thoughts and he was very receptive.
They left the house happy and so did I. I went home and by 6pm the realtor had called with their offer. It was good. It was pretty much what we wanted and possession was even better - in three weeks! We agreed, he came over, papers were signed and we have a conditional deal. All conditions will be removed by this coming Friday. Then, hopefully, our house will be officially sold.
Finally, Friday arrives. We called a babysitter to stay with the girls - as Kenz had no school. Mike, Sam and I were all anxiously excited to go see Dr. Buwembo. We had the CT in hand, and we were ready. Our appointment was set for 9am. He arrived at 10am. I was worried that I wouldn't make it on time for my dentist appointment, which was at 11. He called us in at 10:10. Dr. Buwembo is tall and very dark - very striking. He is also very kind. He immediately took to Samuel. Sam took to him as well. He thought that he looked better in person than in the scan. He thought that his forehead was nice and wide - considering all that was going on. He wants to see Sam monthly to watch how he is growing. He even thought that by 24 months, if he is growing good by then, we will be out of the woods. We left with great big grins. We couldn't have asked for better.

*I will post a pic of Kat's Bolcano later to this post - after I run to the other house...

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it wasn't the dentist that made your face sore, with so much wonderful news.

    I hope that He has lifted those boulders off for good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news and I think Supermom needs something special for all she dealt with in the last week! Maybe I need to design a SM (super mom) shirt for all us super moms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *BIG GRIN* I think Supermom shirts would be a Fantastic idea...

    ReplyDelete