Wednesday, January 13, 2010

AW-kward..

"Uh hello Kristen, are you Samuel's mom?"
"Yes, I am"
"Dr. Buwembo would like to see Samuel on January 29th, 9am" (what is with all these 9am appts??)
"Ok, we will be there. Do you know if he has seen the scan images or just the report?"
"He has seen the CT - but there are some hard copies of the 3D reconstruction that we're having sent over for your appointment." Hmmmm, sent over from my kitchen? I better say something.
"uhh...yes, I think I have those here. I will bring them."
"Noted."

I'm interested to see what he will say. Dr. Buwembo is a neurosurgeon here in Regina - and is very highly rated. I have read wonderful things about him. Although we went to Calgary, it was not that I doubted his ability. It was that he doesn't specialize in cranial facial and I wanted to see a pediatric neurosurgeon that did. In my ideal little world, Dr. B tells us that no surgery is needed but he'd like to keep an eye on my boy to make sure all is doing as it should. That is what I will hope for. I will try and stay positive!

It's been a busy week of cranio, teething, and I registered Kattiepie for Kindergarten in fall! She is so excited for school. She's so smart she'll do good, but I have a feeling she will have a short attention span and be very, VERY chatty. (Note to someone in particular - Shut it, I know what just went through your head. ps- said with love).
I wasn't able to choose morning or afternoon, they said it's all zoning issues. I really hope she gets morning. Sometimes I worry that the kids that are in the afternoon are the kids whose parents need to sleep in everyday, because everyone stayed up way too late. My apologies to anyone whose kid is in the p.m Kindergarten class.




Viewer Mail







I'm impressed, there were a lot of questions for this week's viewer mail - sorry I had to cut a few!

1. Do you soap or shampoo first in a shower? I shampoo, rinse, condition, and then soap while the conditioner's on.
2. Do you blow dry your hair, or just let it air dry, or towel dry?
any of those, depending on the day.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve? Yikes I have a few. I think it is a tie between texting someone when you're visiting with me and going offline without saying anything (if we've been talking the whole time).
4. At a movie theatre, which arm rest is yours? the right one when we're with the kids, and the opposite side that Mike is sitting on, if I'm with my boy.
5. If life was a sitcom, what would be some of the episode titles? ooooo, last summer when there was a wasp in the house and it bit me, "The wasp in the Kitchen" or "Ma's visit". Mike had actually said this last summer, that a crew should follow me around all day - because he thinks people would watch. It's never boring here, someone is almost always funny or nude or both.
6. Non kid related, what's bugging you today? My vacuum died and my flatscreen is going black. Both are under 3 years old. Although, in my vacuum's defense - it is used a lot.
7. If you had to pick your child's occupation at this moment what occupation would you pick for them?
Mackenzie - Veterinarian, because she LOVES animals and is so smart.
Katarina - It's not an occupation, but I always think of a little Grandma when I think of Kat, cuz she's so sweet and inventive. But maybe a teacher since she likes to do lots of activities and she's always busy :).
Samuel - that boy's a Football player. He is glued to the tv when it is on, his little jersey looks good on him, and he holds all of his toys like he's running with a football.


* After laying Sam down for his nap, I came out to see what Kat was doing. She did this with her little Barbie kids...perhaps I need to rethink my choice for her occupation or maybe it's just right ;).

1 comment:

  1. I love your viewer comments and I am glad that you are getting in to see Dr. B and I hope he is able to make a definative diagnosis.
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete