Sammington has been working on his 4th tooth since New Year's. I think it is here. I thought that he had cut #4 and #5, but I think #5 is just pressing up into the gum and hasn't cut yet. The poor guy feels so awful - he doesn't sleep properly, he can't eat, and he's so snotty. This past week I have named Teething Week. We have had very VERY little sleep. He's so rundown now.
Teething Week wouldn't have been near as much fun, if I hadn't also been planning a shower for my good friend, Sarah. Thankfully, my aunt and Sarah's mom took care of most of the food. It was all so nice. And I cheated a little with my cupcakes...I ordered the cake part from Sobey's and just decorated them
with fondant and "ears". I premade all of the dots and bows, so that when Mike picked up the cupcakes for me, I could just plop them on!


Speaking of Mike, I have the best husband in the world! Not only did he not complain about 35 strangers in our home, or that I decorated the whole house in pink and white polka dots, but he also helped me get everything ready with the 3 rugrats in tow. He is awesome. I am so lucky - he looked pretty cute yesterday too ;)
The day, I think, went pretty well. I hope Sarah had a nice afternoon. There are some moments in life that become "forever moments" - those times, that 10 years later (and I'm imagining - maybe even 40 years) that become attached to that moment, telling a story, creating a memory. I'm hoping that when Emily is 30 years old, her mom will look back in her baby album and see her baby shower pictures - and smile.



Those are so cute. Look at you little baker.
ReplyDeleteCome over and become my blog follower. I will be having some great giveaways soon.
Thanks Bibi! I go to your site often..lol, I thought I had joined...but I am now officially a "follower" :)
ReplyDelete