Tuesday, March 30, 2010

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship...well, not quite a rocket. But close - Westjet! Yup, that's right the McNutt's are going on a holiday. We weren't planning a trip but one came our way and here we are booked, excited, and a little nervous too!! I am firm believer in following where God leads you and this is where we go next!
Last Friday, I was just checking my email and I read out loud a flight deal to Mike and laughed. Surprisingly, he turned around and said, "REALLY?!" Then after looking into it, it was for real and not very advertised. $49 flights to Mexico!!! And to top it off there was a newer resort offering a special just for families. We were so excited we called my parents right away and good friends that just came home from travelling that would know what we need to do. Then for the weekend we decided to sit on it, do what we could for our passports, and then wait to see what the Canadian passport office had to say. Everything was falling into place, even Sam's birth certificate came out of hiding (it's been missing since July!). I'm not talking about little signs and persuasions, I'm talking about great big arrows followed by a kick in the butt. Even commercials for vacationing in Mexico were on the television all weekend. Sunday night, Mike and I checked the flights to see if they were still available. We were all ready for the passports to be processed the next morning. The kids had gone to bed, we had been on the edge of our seats all weekend and no one (except our friends and mom and dad) knew what we were thinking. I sat down at the computer and clicked on Westjet. OMGosh... they were done. All snatched up. No more return flights available for under $600. Oh well - it was disheartening, but we waited too long.
I don't know what made me look first thing the next morning, but I did. Maybe it is my need for self torture. You know, when your down and out but compelled for one last blow for good measure? that kind of thing....well, I'm sure glad I did because they had 4 seats to and 3 seats available for $49 return. I only needed 4 as Sam flies free! They also had a few seats available for $234 now. I decided to book the 3 now and wait for another to pop up over the day. While on the phone with westjet, all but one of the $230 returns went as well. So, I took the last one too. I had 24 hours to decide if we were keeping the flight.
Next - the passport office. Everything went so well. They kept telling me that we were one of the lucky ones that got a hold of that deal! I didn't know how I felt yet, I wanted to be excited but it was happening very VERY fast!!
Here we are now - too late to cancel flights, passports being processed, immunizations booked, and accommodations all in place! I can't believe we are going on a vacation!!! The kids are so excited, Mike has taken off work (which he never ever EVER does), and more than anything this holiday is just so needed. I can't wait for a change of scenery, the sunshine, the adventure, no phones, no email, no facebook, and just an escape with my most favorite people - my family. Now if only I could get rid of my Mommy nerves. I am such a homebody. I have a hard time leaving my house for the store, nevermind the country to a brand new place! It's time to get out of my comfort zone and step out. I really don't think it is normal to need encouragement to go on a holiday, but sadly for me - I kind of do! I had to laugh last night, as I think Mike and I have both been here too long - we both have unsettled nerves about leaving our house. BUT, we're super excited too - I can't wait to see the look on the girls' faces.... every two minutes....
Ok now girl, just breathe. YEeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhH!

3 comments:

  1. WOW Kristen.. I am so happy for you! You all deserve it sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY KRISTEN!! I love it!! When do you go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks Denise and Ree!! We leave in less than 3 weeks!!! ACK!!

    ReplyDelete