Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"I Miss Your ginger Hair, And the way You like to Dress"

"Stop making a fool out of me, why don't you come on over, Valerie." this song plays on repeat in my head (and probably on my puter) over and over and over again. I like it. But I like it like Calgon. It takes me away...completely. I honestly feel the beehive coming on and my hand sewn cherry pie apron magically appear on me. * Which on a side note, I WILL be blogging about later *
My walls turn orange, and my carpet is patterned when this song plays. In my head, it's that simple. beehive, liquid eyeliner, cherry pie apron, cookies in oven, and one or more children doing a puzzle on my patterned carpet. I am not drunk either. Although, I do plan to have a glass of wine once the shorties are in bed.
Some things will never change for me. The first day of school will always be stressful, I will always seem to find compassion for the underdog, and music will always inspire me to be something else? more? different? Whatever it is, I love music. I love this song. I love Amy Winehouse. I loved her before she died..despite her issues. good grief, nobody's perfect. heaven knows I have too many flaws to mention. I don't want to jump on the Amy Winehouse debate over whether or not she was worthy - because even if I do believe she was, it's not up to me to convince you.
In fact, I really don't feel like convincing anything anymore. I'm tired. and over thirty! hA! Everyone knows what that means. or they think they do. But anyways, (yes, Ms. deGeneres, you haunt me everytime still) I have a new passion. I want to say guess, but I think you'd all guess wrong. I'm a wee bit addicted to cycling right now (not it!) and I truly love how creative my kitchen skills have become, but my passion is more than that.
I think I've always been a lil' bit philosophical, a lil' bit creative, a lil' bit into healthy living, a lil' bit a lot of things. The last ten years, I've had hurdles, and triumphs and both have taken a lot out of me. As they would anyone, or as anyone's hurdles/triumphs would. And now, I don't know what has changed in me - but I am more interested in wholesome, good-filled, well balanced living. That's it. just living. balanced. I'm going to find it. I mean, I am finding it. it's found. mostly. and now I'm going to blog about it. If only I could get that ginger haired girl off my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment