Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 26th, 2009

Boxing Day

Another year and all the decorations are boxed up and packed away. I was pretty pleased with myself today. Mike and I managed to clean up and put all signs of Christmas away - all before 1pm - with 3 kids "helping". I have to admit, Mike is fantastic help. Not just with putting all of our stuff back into the basement for another year, but with the everyday stuff that seems to lately, really pile up. He folds laundry better than anyone I know, including myself.
The day started off easy for me too. Sam and I slept in, quite late actually. Usually sleeping in means 8 am. Today, it was 10 am before I rolled out of bed. Highly unusual, but much needed. But now, my schedule is so off and I'm blogging at 12 am - when I should be sleeping. Mike just came in the room and made me make a deal that I can't get mad next time he wants to stay up when I want to go to bed earlier. I told him that I can't promise him that, I likely will be mad at some point. Now that we have the King in our room, it's kinda like going to bed alone - but still I know he's not there and then I won't be able to sleep anyhow- and then I will likely blame him. Really, it is in his best interest to just come to bed when I do.

I wanted to start this paragraph with anyways, but everytime I think of that word now I think of Ellen DeGeneres and the little blurb at the end of her tv show credits, where she heavily sighs and says, "Anyways". It always makes me smile. Anyways (smile), I started this blog to sort out my thoughts with all this cranio business that is hanging over us and this past holiday season. Of course, it will also very likely contain many witty and thought provoking quotes from my sweet four year old little girl - Katarina, as well as loads of insight from our oldest daughter, Mackenzie. But, another day for all of that. I really should hit the sack. Heaven knows, I have many cranio dreams ahead of me tonight. Thankfully, I don't need to remind myself to breathe nearly as much in dreams, as I do during the day. Now if only my heartbeat could get off the "craniocoaster" too.

1 comment:

  1. Love you all. Thinking of you always, here whenever you need, for whatever you need.

    ReplyDelete